View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2018-04-05, 10:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Anyway, looking for a mob-free zone below ground for a rather massive project I have in mind that isn't possible with those stupid slimes popping up all over the place.

Anyway, if I miss you, what I'm looking for is mob-free from the NW corner of my palace to the SW corner of Tall Town. If you drop into my basement, you'll find a, um, "excavation" ( ) that I want to expand for some as yet unannounced bits that the slimes will render too difficult to undertake. Coordinates are roughly 730/600 in the NW, and 1125/1060 in the SE. It's a big area.
Hmmm… mob-free zones have been possible by forcing the biome to "mooshroom island". Since biomes apply to the full 0 to 255 Y space of a block, and since only mooshroom cows can spawn in the mooshroom island biome, overwriting the biome value of the block effectively results in that being a mob-free zone. The last time I forced biome settings, though, was when we were using a modded server and it was a mod that gave me that command. That's what I did to keep mobs from spawning in and around (most of) the USS Enterprise. I'll take a look at the current legit admin commands to see what I can do here!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.