View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-01-22, 16:39

Sure. It was all decided a couple of days ago. It's just finding one and the shipping, etc. and figuring out a good way to secure it to the platform.

I figure four of these, spray-painted black(?), and anchoring each little "foot" of the two-piece stand would secure it to the platform? The guts seem to be low-centered and the legs are just over 8" front, to back, so it would probably take some effort/doing to topple the thing to begin with. So I shouldn't need anything excessive or elaborate or true earthquake-proof. Just nudged-by-a-curious-kitty-proof. Four of the above over each foot kinda locks it down and in...it couldn't fall frontwards or backwards with four of them, I wouldn't think. And if I took the extra 25 seconds to shoot them with a bit of black, I don't think they'd be all that noticeable.

PS - Close it or just let it stand for any additional info/updates, regrets, second-guessing, etc. I don't care. Barring a meteor strike or getting hit by a bus, I kinda know what I'm after now.