View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2007-09-19, 13:12

I imagine many of you have seen coverage of this guy disrupting a Senator Kerry 'question and answer session' by refusing to cooperate and by raising a ruckus.

I personally think he acted like the world's biggest self-absorbed spoiled brat. I cringed as I watched his appalling display of "oh-look-at-me" attention-seeking histrionics. I hope his mommy is happy at the obnoxious creature she has produced with her obviously excellent parenting skills. Ugh. I am embarrassed that he is an American college student.

He refused to cooperate, and resisted loudly and *aggressively* police efforts to remove him from disrupting the entire assembly.

Even when police had wrestled him to the floor, he continued to resist as hard as he could; and I personally feel they were justified in going to the next level to control his behavior, using equipment they'd been given for unruly, uncontrollable individuals.

They warned him that if he didn't cease his violent struggling they would use the taser; but, again, he refused to heed their warning.

Some people don't agree with the use of the taser on this guy. I do, and I hope it hurt like hell. But I thought I'd put up a poll to sample opinions on the board. I'm curious to see how others feel about his being tased.

This was a university setting, and after the killings at Virginia Tech, I think campus police are more proactive when someone on campus starts acting in an irrational manner.

Btw, before he started speaking, he handed a video camera to someone in the audience and asked her to film him.

I heard somewhere that he - a communications major - has a history of civil disobedience and resistance, but I haven't looked into that info at this point.

So, do you think police were justified in using a taser to control this unruly guy who continued to yell disruptively and resist arrest, or not?

Thanks for any replies. Poll up soon.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/off...taser.tale.cnn