View Single Post
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2005-10-25, 00:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsu
There's a company out there that makes a driver that will essentially turn any flat surface into a speaker. With the iMac case, two such drivers could run the left and right halves of the display as two rather large panel speakers. Additionally, the rear (sides and top) could also be so driven to create virtual (reflecting) surround channels. If done right, the effect can be quite convincing, especially for someone sitting at desktop user distances...

Bose's 1-2-3 system works quite using a similar principle of sound processing and direct and reflected sound. It's sensitive to speaker placement, but really takes a minimum of space.
Yeah, the Pro Speakers with the iSub make decent sound, the Pro Speakers by them selves can't handle loud volumes and a full frequency range.

I've never heard it, but I've always questioned the quality of that any flat surface speaker. I don't understand how it could produce mids or especially lows. I just don't see many flat surfaces moving that much, even if that thing has a lot of force to it.

<standard bose sucks>