View Single Post
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2004-09-06, 18:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+
Wow - I just checked the Pete Yandell site (don't know how I missed it before - another Aussie ) - I wish I knew how to write code properly using Project Builder!

(If anybody could help me get started on a simple metronome program I would be forever grateful! - I only know a little bit of C, though.)

Also, bpMF I noticed on a screen shot above that you have the chords numbered as one, two, etc. Perhaps use Roman numerals, such as I, ii, iii, IV, V, vi, vii VII - to indicate MAJOR and minor chords - or consider: tonic, supertonic, mediant, subdominant, dominant, submediant, leading note, upper tonic.
Yea, I just wish Messr. Yandell would get back to me and let me know if I can use his MIDI Frameworks in my program. That reminds me, I should send him another email.

The reason I didn't use the Roman chord numbering scheme is I didn't have a way to rename the labels as modes changed. I'm working on storing the chords numerically to make it easier to play the chords as well as update the labels along with using proper enharmonics.

Unfortunately, Real Life(tm) has been sucking up all my available time as I need to remodel the condo before little bpMF gets here! I will definitely be uploading another update soon though.