View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-01-05, 14:16

Yeah, some sort of WYSIWYG web thingie, with blogging.

I can't believe - two years after it became such a mainstream, hipster topic - Apple hasn't ventured into this little area with their own idiot-proof blog iApp.

Yes, I'm aware of all the ones out there.

And I'm also aware of a ton of photo management, digital music, video editing and DVD creation apps out there too...and that didn't exactly dissuade or curtail Apple's efforts in those fields, did it?

If anything, they tend to come along and greatly improve on it all, making it truly "for the masses" and requiring not a shred of geekster DNA.

Lots of people (like me), with modest needs and who prefer tight and simple processes, might prefer to a well-made, easy-beyond-belief Apple app, over having to monkey with some third-party product.

Maybe it's a go-between for all the people who don't shell out $99 a year for .Mac access, where you can use all the slick posting/gallery features of iPhoto and the like, but with any ISP (Earthlink, Comcast, etc.) and have it all be controlled with an Apple-y front end?

But a bit more control/finesse than the simply .Mac galleries and pages?

Something like Adobe's PageMill (maybe even simpler) from 200 years ago?

iWeb...yeah, didn't see that name coming.

In any case, it sounds like we might have one CONFIRMED!!!, less than a week to go.

Premature specification strikes again...please, help us find a cure, won't you? In the meantime, ask your doctor about...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2006-01-05 at 14:27.