View Single Post
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2007-04-30, 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphguy View Post
Huh? What do you mean CDMA wasn't an option? GSM is superior to CDMA of course, but it wouldn't have taken that much to release two versions of the iphone. Nokia and the other manufacturers do it all the time...
I mean that it would've been a huge waste of resources to release a phone using an inferior technology that isn't used anywhere else in the world. Apple probably considered it for a few seconds before moving on.

Anyone who thought that the iPhone would be CDMA before it came out wasn't paying attention. It really simply isn't a road Apple will ever go down with the iPhone, unless CDMA makes some sort of roaring comeback, here and elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensdanny38 View Post
I must say I am prepared to see the iPhone fail. It is quite expensive for your average iPod-touting teenager. Especially since they already have iPods now.
And what makes you think that the iPhone is limited to teenagers and college students? Both my parents are totally pumped for it. Any professional using a Mac is most certainly considering one - their previous options have been the aging Palm OS, the incompatible Windows Mobile of BlackBerry*, or the barely compatible Nokia-flavored Symbian.

Furthermore, will it stay at $500 for long? Of course not. The iPod didn't take off until the third generation, at $300. Not to mention the mini, at $250. The iPhone will only become less expensive and spout cheaper variations as its lifecycle continues, and there will be more than enough early adopters to keep it profitable in the interim.

Just like the iPod.

*Yeah third party syncing alternives exist, but in the face of superior software and hardware from Apple, will these users really stick to what they have? Many will, but many wont.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.

Last edited by Kraetos : 2007-04-30 at 11:44. Reason: Posts merged