Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2007-04-30, 14:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphguy View Post
First of all it's not going to be 3G, second:
Not now, anyway.

Quote:
It's a closed system. Business-users like their custom-apps.
Unconfirmed. And in the long run, unlikely.

Quote:
Then there's the question of compatibility with Lotus Notes, Outlook, Word, or some of the other important business apps that the competition: Windows Mobile, Palm or even Nokia phones are compatible with.
The iPhone supports open phone syncing technology, address book, and calendar formats. That's enough to ensure it compatibility with many apps. Microsoft isn't the be-all, end-all of software, and not only is their marketshare shrinking, they are finally being forced onto open standards as well.

Quote:
Don't get me started on the touchpad, which might look nice, but isn't even half as useful as a keypad that Blackberries and some of the other business-phones have.
Really? The way I see it, the lack of wasting space on a touchpad allows the calendar, address book, to-do list, and internet browser utilize twice as much space, therefore making it more useful as a "business-phone."

Quote:
And of course there's the question of cost. Corporate HQ prefers to spend 2-300$ on a cellphone, than 500$
I'm sorry, the RAZR cost $500 when it came out, and I saw suits everywhere using that anodized-aluminum hunk of junk.

And don't get me started on having some foresight again. The $600 iPhone is for early adopters.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.