View Single Post
Graphguy
can't type

2007-04-30, 14:44

Quote:
The iPhone supports open phone syncing technology, address book, and calendar formats. That's enough to ensure it compatibility with many apps. Microsoft isn't the be-all, end-all of software, and not only is their marketshare shrinking, they are finally being forced onto open standards as well.
Open-shmopen... I'm sure someone the iPhone would fit someone like you nicely, but when it comes to corporate users, it's got to be compatible with the software they already use. And 95% of the time, that means Outlook, Word and all the other Microsoft goodies. (Ok, occasionally Lotus Notes)

Quote:
Really? The way I see it, the lack of wasting space on a touchpad allows the calendar, address book, to-do list, and internet browser utilize twice as much space, therefore making it more useful as a "business-phone."
I'm sure you mean keypad, and I guess you never tried sending an email with predictive input, like the iPhone is going to have.
It's fine for short messages, but not for lot's of emails or for finishing a report.

Quote:
I'm sorry, the RAZR cost $500 when it came out, and I saw suits everywhere using that anodized-aluminum hunk of junk.
You forget that they probably got a big fat discount from the carrier. Something that I doubt Cingular will make a habit of, after they sold their soul to Apple. As I recall, Cingular isn't going to see much of the 500$ the iPhone is going to cost.