View Single Post
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2007-06-23, 17:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCQ View Post
http://news.com.com/ATT+hoping+the+i...ml?tag=st.next

Lurie declined to say how much money AT&T is spending to market the iPhone or how many phones it expects to sell. He said he was not concerned that consumers would balk at the price of the iPhone, which costs $499 or $599, depending on how much memory it has. The phones require a two-year service contract and, unlike most other phones AT&T offers, it will not be subsidized by the company.
I get that and I remember that article but my point remains the same - what's the non-contract price of the iPhone? I bet if, and when, the iPhone can be purchased without a contract, it'll cost more even though it's not subsidized.

It's like when I rented my last apartment - I didn't *have* to sign a lease for a year, but I got 2 months free if I did. I've lived in other places where I had to sign a lease for a year. What's the difference? As long as it's a fair contract, I don't get the hue and cry about this.

Personally, I hate contracts, but if the iPhone works as advertised, it'll ease my mind on a daily basis (syncing my PDA/smartphones has been a nearly never-ending headache for me for YEARS). That would be worth it for me.