View Single Post
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2011-10-28, 10:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Another devices i'm keen on investigating is Basis (http://mybasis.com/) . Looks like this "track every bit of fitness data" era is upon is in a strong way. Well more info is better than less in my book.
This is what I've been looking for! I want something to monitor and integrate my daily metabolic rate, so I can figure out how many calories I actually burn in 24 hours. Thanks!

EDIT: Apparently, people have been waiting for 3 years to get one of these. Here's a message from the COO that I found in the forum page from 3 days ago:

Quote:
Hey everyone,

We certainly hear your frustration at not seeing a ship date. It takes time to build and polish hardware, especially something as unique as Basis. Since we knew the road to shipping would be tortuous, we have steadfastly refrained from taking or charging for pre-orders. We have also kept from putting out a specific ship date until we know we can hit it.

In terms of where we are today, Basis devices recently started rolling off the production line. We are pretty excited to be using them every day in SF and learning from the data. There's still work to be done but we are definitely towards the tail end of product development.

Rest assured that when we have a definitive ship date you, our community, will be the first to know.

Please know that we would love to get Basis in your hands. We were funded to do that with a Series A just this year, in March. The team (most of whom joined since March) are working hard to ensure that you get the best, most polished product on the market.

The intent of these forums is to get feedback from all of you and funnel that into the product. Whether it's questions about the ship date, or feedback on band colors and sensors, you have been AMAZING and enormously supportive.

We deeply appreciate hearing from you. Please keep the ideas coming!