View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-10-22, 07:21

So anyway…
  • white bezels? My gut says no, but the answer is probably yes. After all, we just got them on the iMac. Seems Apple wants to bring back the "consumer is light, professional is dark" distinction. It's just… isn't a light bezel kind of distracting? The white notch, in particular?
  • white keyboard, just like on the iMac, and with very noticeable borders, just like on this week's MBPs
  • M2! I'm guessing ~10% performance boost, so not much. Possibly some features from the M1 Pro — probably still limited to 16 GiB RAM (albeit now LPDDR5 instead of 4X), but possibly better support for external displays.
  • absolutely USB-C-only, yes. But maybe one port on the right this time, instead of both on the left.
  • the above also makes sense if one of the ports on the left gets replaced by MagSafe. So, left: MagSafe, USB-C, headphones. Right: USB-C; that's it.
  • better camera, though maybe not quite as good as on the MBP.
  • notch.
  • display either goes to 2560x1674 (still 227 ppi), or to 2880x1874 (255 ppi).
  • I'm inclined not to believe the mini-LED rumor. This is a Pro feature on the iPads, clearly, and they also have supply issues to the point where the 11-inch iPad doesn't have it yet.
  • for the same reason, definitely not 120 Hz.
  • colors, yeah, either those of the iPad Air or those of the iMac. Makes sense. I'm guessing gold is out, too.