View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-22, 14:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Stock models for display. Apple does not floor our inventory, at all! (We do, however, get a discount on a "floor model", but it has to be specced out.) Yes, we will be putting one out, because the screen will sell them.

FYI, Macrumors has a photo and video of what appears to be a Premier Partner (like us) taking their chances with their contractual NDA. According to the NDA the computers are required to remain in the back, inside their cardboard shipping boxes, unopened, until Tuesday, October 26.

And the dude's face is out there. We will not take that risk! Apple contracts are not to be taken lightly.
No doubt. That guy is probably gonna lose his relations with Apple for doing this.

Kinda stupid.

If you're dying to open it and peek around, fine. But don't film yourself doing it and making it to where everyone knows who you are. How stupid!

He's willing to trade a good working partnership with Apple for "look at me!" fleeting Internet "fame"/likes/comments. Bozo.

PS - The notch will make its way to every Mac with a built-in screen, guaranteed. Whether it makes sense or not isn't the point. It's going to be a "look", I'm betting. Now that they know they can shrink down those bezels on the MacBook Pro, you'll see it on the new Air, the larger iMac and some future revision of the 24" iMac. It'll be a thing, and all Macs, 1-2 years from now, will have as small, nonexistent a bezel as possible.

I think this new MacBook Pro was their test case. And since Apple HQ hasn't been burned down as a result...

"Ahh...we can proceed as planned. Good..."