View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2022-06-28, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
The iPhone is messy because there are competing UI designs (Home button vs. Face ID)
*old man shakes fist at cloud* Touch ID is better. Maybe ultimately under-display Touch ID will win out. Move everything to the Home button-less, gesture focused design, but with a fingerprint sensor.

[quote=kscherer;825630] and there are 5 phone families in the lineup, with 5 screen sizes. Drop the iPhone 13 and rename the 11 "SE". The lineup is then iPhone 13 (drop the "Pro" BS), iPhone 12, and iPhone SE. Two screen sizes in each. Three phones to choose from, three different levels of performance, each has two screen sizes, and life is good .

I… disagree with most of this. There's the $400 SE, the $500 11, the $600 12 mini, the $700 12, and then the current models. None of those are bad phones (quite unlike the Apple Watch Series 3, which incredibly they are still selling as of today despite having announced weeks ago that it won't receive the next watchOS update!). Messy? Maybe. The SE is a bit of a different product; the others are simply older versions of the current lineup.

The Pro isn't BS at all, IMHO. If anything, expand on that. Make the Pro even more Pro. $200 more is a bit much, but having the Pro as an option? I think that's good. It adds telephoto, LiDAR, macro, ProMotion, ProRAW. Basically, a pro photography variant of the iPhone. Some of that will trickle down to the regular phones, and they'll add more high-end stuff in the meantime. I like that.

Makes far more sense to me than the 13-inch MacBook Pro.

Quote:
And the iPad Air is not the problem. The iPad Pro 11" is the problem.
Yeah, that I can see. Bump the iPads Pro to 13 and 15 and leave the Air at 11 and it's fine. Right now, it's dumb.

Quote:
Has no effect. The Studio has no display, KB, MS, camera, speaker, mic, etc. Plus, the Studio is more powerful with superior upgrade options.
Agreed. But still, I think it's weird that the Mac has far more desktops than laptops, even though laptops outsell desktops by, like, a factor of four.