Thread: Apple Watch Pro
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-07-11, 09:28

Mark Gurman is saying a Pro version of the Watch is inbound with Titanium and larger screen. Of course larger battery would find behind the larger screen too so this would be a huge plus.

The $1000 price seems really steep, but wasn't the what the high end ceramic was going for anyway? I stuck with SS on my lat Watch purchase because I felt it was a better look than the Titanium when it first came out. Oh, as a matter of fact it was close to that price as quoted below:
Quote:
Gurman repeats his predictions that this new, more expensive Apple Watch will offer the following pro features:

Larger and more shatter-resistant display
Enhanced hiking and swim tracking
Longer battery life
A heftier and more rugged case
He also believes this case will be made of a non-aluminum metal. “Probably titanium,” he explains, “given it’s much more durable than steel.”

He makes a price prediction based on the current price for the Apple Watch Edition, which is an Apple Watch Series 7 in a titanium case that starts at $849. He thinks Apple will price the new watch even higher, based on its larger display (rumored to be 50mm), additional sensors and better materials. “I wouldn’t be surprised if it starts closer to $900 to $999,” he writes.
50mm seems positively huge when thinking about my 44mm. My wrist could support 50mm, but Mrs T couldn't if she wanted to. Of course, if this comes by removing the rounded screen edge they can certainly fit more screen size in there without increasing the case much.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.