View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-12-01, 11:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
That looks like fun. Although I think here might be a couple cave spiders hiding in there.
If you look close enough, you'll notice the Minecraft edition Xbox on the desk and the torches on the barrister across the room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
Looks like a Fluke 87 in the bag. I wasn't an electrician, but I seem to remember that Fluke gear was standard in the Navy. That's probably why I have a lot of that rather than the less expensive, made in China stuff. There don't seem to be many similar looking knock-offs around.
Yeah, I'm kinda brand loyal to Fluke thanks to the Navy. I mean, I still end up with cheap stuff, but I pretty much only use them for very basic "I see voltage" kinda checks. They might be accurate, but I don't care unless the Fluke says it. :shrug:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Nice setup, T. What kind of amp is that, and what are its controls? I've thought about getting into a slightly more premium audio setup, but I have a lot to learn before I take the plunge on any hardware.

My desk is far too messy and embarrassingly cluttered with cables to share.
The amp is a Fosi Audio from Amazon. It works great in my application thanks to recommendations from this thread a couple of years ago. It just REALLY worked out that is was about as thick as the CalDigit dock and was able to be clamped down with the aluminum bar. With the speakers it really does sound awesome. At times I wish I went a little "bigger" with a sub and all, but normally that is not really needed.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.