View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-03-09, 20:25

Dear Lord, Woz...

You just know Steve Jobs is watching this, and laughing his ass off. But that's good, because laughter is the best medicine. Steve should be back at the Apple helm next Wednesday after one more episode.

We've just had our Ballmer "Developers! Developers! Developers!" moment, I'm afraid...so much for 10 straight years of Apple being seen as nothing but cool.

BTW, they're kinda framing this as though he's still with them. The host made two post-dance comments to Woz:

- "If Safari freezes, do I force quit or what?" (Woz: "Reinstall")

and

- "Good luck getting an appointment at the Genius Bar!" (the host in response to a judge's snotty comment about Wozniak's dancing).

Now, I'm pretty sure I mentioned this very thing, back in the thread that first talked about this a few months ago.

"They're going to play it up like he's still with Apple", I said (words to that effect). They introduced him as Apple's co-founder, and showed a pic of him back in the 70's with an old Mac and Apple logo. Nothing mentioned about what he does now. And tons of "computer", "geek" and "nerd" comments or comparisons.

Watch Apple's stock nosedrive tomorrow.

EDIT: lowest score of the night, FTW! 13 out of 30.