View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-03-10, 11:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
So, do the partners of crappy people just get tossed along with the crappy people, or do they rotate the real dancers around?
I think they go away when their ousted celebrity partner does. The pro dancers remain with (and practice) with their celebrity partner the entire way (a permanent pairing/match for the season). That way they supposedly grow and improve in the coming weeks/months? It would probably be tough to swap them out and constantly be starting from scratch.

Yeah, if you're one of the pro dancers on this show, you'd want to be paired up with someone known for their athleticism or grace (like that ice skater from a few seasons ago), vs., well, Steve Wozniak or Cloris Leachman. At least you'd have a fighting chance (if someone can ice skate, spin, balance and has the training and endurance to do stuff on one leg or not mind being tossed up into the air or spun around, they've got a leg up - no pun - on the others).

I'm sure it's sometimes a total bite to find out who your celebrity partner is going to be.

"Her?! Ah, shit...I won't last two weeks."