View Single Post
tomoe
Veteran Member

2021-01-08, 22:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
In his last post before the temporary 24-hour suspension Wednesday afternoon, he posted a video directly addressing the DC terrorists and said in addition to his usual lies about the election, and I quote, "We love you. You're very special." I'm pretty sure that was the final undeniable straw in light of the heinous acts that had just unfolded. I suspected it wouldn't last long, and I saved a copy of that video before it went down, but there are probably tons of copies floating around at this point.

Historians and data archivists have been cataloging his Twitter since Trump became president. IMO the best interface is https://www.thetrumparchive.com/ if you ever want to look for something. They were scraping every 60 seconds, and since most posts were up longer than a minute before being deleted, they have a copy of virtually everything. It doesn't include embeds like the aforementioned video, though.

FWIW, Trump also tried to circumvent his Twitter ban tonight by posting directly from the @POTUS account, but his posts there were swiftly removed. Whoops. Here's a screenshot of the very short-lived posts.

Trump's accounts have also been perma-banned from Facebook and Instagram, and several of the havens for his conspiratorial followers are being shuddered. The r/donaldtrump subreddit was just banned. Parler is on the brink of shutdown; Google already removed its app and Apple gave a 24-hour notice for them to present a comprehensive moderation plan before they remove it.

Better late than never.
r/conservative has been in full on meltdown/wild-eyed conspiracy mode for the past 24-48 hours--even more so than their usual 11/10 level of brain damaged craziness. Nary a single one of them can understand the 1st Amendment doesn't protect them against a company (Twitter or Reddit) blocking their account or subreddit. The added irony is that the mods of r/conservative ban users if they catch so much as a whiff of disagreement.

r/LeopardsAteMyFace has been a gold mine for capturing all this idiocy, whataboutism, and "Go look it up"-ism...

Seen a man standin' over a dead dog lyin' by the highway in a ditch
He's lookin' down kinda puzzled pokin' that dog with a stick