View Single Post
Frank777
Veteran Member

2022-07-27, 15:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Yeah, but it runs iOS, so you may occasionally need to reboot it. Which is easy, all you gotta do is press the power button they removed due to thinnovation. Hmm. Or unplug the cable at the back. Oh. Well, the one on the wall then. There you go.
Love the sarcasm. They deserve it.

I assumed the iMac Pro was cancelled due to lack of interest/sales. Maybe they really did just rework it into the Studio, and the traditional iMac will return in its slot. The screen-size really has to be upped, given that we've been at 27-inches since 2009.

I've never been good at screen resolution math, but somewhere close to the 29" 6K mark with 218 pixels per inch.

Perhaps the Pro version of the M2 will be used in the iMac, leaving the 24" and the Mini with the regular M2 and the Studio with the Max and Ultra. And the unattainable Mac Pro with the M2 UltraMaxMegaExtreme, um Pro.

So maybe I'm wrong, there is still a slot for it in the lineup. But as chucker said previously, that leaves Apple with an awful lot of desktops, in what is a mobile computing world.

I would have been happy with just the previous Mini-iMac-Mac Pro paradigm.