View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2023-03-29, 15:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
It reminds me more of their little rainbow pavilion/stage area in the center of campus (inside the ring building).
Indeed.

Whoever is doing these is clearly having fun with people trying to read a lot into them. If that team even knows what gets presented at the event (and there's a good case to be made that there's absolutely no reason they would need to know!), it could be both: a nod to Apple Park's rainbow pavilion*, and a hint at a wavy-looking product.

Plausible deniability…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
Comparable specs to rumors (dual 4k, standalone, untethered, etc), or is this another Chromebook vs. MacBook Pro comparison?
Well, like I said, Apple's thing is looking to be a premium version. But it's a premium version of a market that's already kind of not very big, and seems to have fizzled compared to hype from the early Oculus Rift days.

So I don't think specs alone will be able to justify the price. The software experience will have to be really good.

(I also don't think "external battery pack" jives with "untethered".)

*) Did the blowhard who spelt color with a "u" come up with that spelling? This is wrong in French and makes no sense in English. If you're gonna pretend to be French, spell it "pavillon" and "couleur".