View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2023-04-20, 12:54

I don't even know if I believe any of this. I think it's just talked about and assumed that must be something happening. I don't know.

As people above have said, 35+ years ago, personal computers where big, bulky, goofy-looking and expensive. But they had a purpose (even pre-Internet).

Is this silly shit any sort of "must have" in order to go through life/the world? I don't know, I'm asking. I can't name anything I'm less interested in, being completely honest. I was always interested in the newest Mac releases and, up to a point, new iPhones and whatnot. This product? I'm not the target crowd. I'm not on social media, I don't game, I don't shop online. I don't do any of the stuff most 40-and-under folks do with their phones/devices in 2023 (absolutely live on them, nonstop, 24/7). I check the weather, prowl around Safari, text/FaceTime my hotter friends and occasionally make a phone call. Oh, and I make/keep Notes. My entire life is in my Notes app. If Apple ever does away with that, I'm in a world of hurt.

I've yet to see one article or YouTube dork piece that's "made it move" re: this AR/VR stuff. I keep waiting for that thing that causes me to get the way I was in early January 2007 re: the just-unveiled iPhone. Please just let someone, anyone, other than Tim do the unveiling/introduction. Man couldn't sell a ham sandwich to a hobo.