View Single Post
arteggio

2023-05-22, 12:22

Thank you, turtle, for your effort and devotion over the years.

The server might be 13+ years old though?!

The forum post go back to only 2011, but I'm pretty sure I remember playing in the late months of 2010 when I built my castle out west (which was then transplanted from the original world through to the current one).

This MC world is a goldmine of digital nostalgia, and it was really fun and meaningful for me to jump back into the world every so often. In the last decade+ I checked out only a few other servers, but never set up shop anywhere else but here.

Somehow, January and July became my annual times of returning to MC over the years! (Where I usually run into only 709. )

Looks like there may not be a next July, but this feels like a ripe time to close a chapter of our lives. Other personal events been invoking that same 2010 period in my life too, so it's all quite timely for me.

As for the MC map data, I'd love to get a copy of that. I'm a data hoarder so 144k more files don't faze me.

Brad, thanks for making the maps available when the time comes. There are so many creations I haven't checked out and I envision myself returning to our world every now and then in the future.

Occasional events do sound fun. A good way to jump in, have a blast, and then return to real life.