View Single Post
ShadowOfGed
Travels via TARDIS

2006-07-08, 01:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by washington mac user
Hmm, and I'm sure PC World has *no* interest in stirring up the tech crowd and trying to make Apple look bad.

I mean, I've heard from other places that this is happening, but I feel like that snippet is worded to make it sound like Apple is doing dark and evil things while putting up a rosy white façade for users.

Apple's recent public image could probably be described as "too good for too long." As a result, I feel like there are a lot of people and companies (media outlets in particular) who are desperately trying to magnify and misconstrue even the slightest misstep from Apple. Why? Just to smear Apple.

It's much like the basketball or football team that never loses. Are you one of those people that roots for them? Or do you root against them just because you want them to lose once in a while? I think that's where Apple is right about now.

Everyone's looking for the least bit of dirt, because we all know nobody's perfect. As a matter of pride, I imagine these websites and magazines all want to be the first to find "the story," but so far dirt has proven difficult to find.

Or am I completely off my rocker?

Apparently I call the cops when I see people litter.