View Single Post
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2008-08-24, 21:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy View Post
In the meantime - during the point when I was at the lowest of lows for how I felt this summer (like SHIT!!- dying) I started to implement at least some of the protocols of a diet that I found online. Basically, I eliminated all Dairy and all Gluten and all legumes from my diet. The other parts of the plan that I didn't necessarily follow were: do food allergy testing and eliminate allergens, don't eat fruit with your meal - eat it first or totally separate (the theory being that it will start to rot in your belly if it has to wait for other things to digest), and don't wash your food down - you can have water before, or 1 hour after (the premise here is that it dilutes the stomach acid too much). There were a few other things, like drinking only water, and doing some herbal supplements and probiotics (bought from the individual who came up with the plan at a cost of about $1,000 over 3 months).
Wow. Your story sounds like medicine gone seriously awry. Mercaptopurine is a nasty piece of work -- non-specific as hell, potential carcinogen -- if you know any biochemistry the reason is clear -- it royally fucks up DNA and RNA synthesis, and this isn't a good thing... The problem with our current knowledge of auto-immune disorders is that the treatments tend to take out a good deal of the function of the immune system since we are still very much in the sledge hammer era of chemotherapy. Have you heard, or considered Low dose naltrexone... while very few (no) proper studies have shown its efficacy -- there is plenty of word of mouth evidence that at the very least it may be something to consider...

Also, checking for allergies makes sense as does removal of likely sources of lower intestine allergic reactions (read plant material) but NOT drinking water because it "dilutes" the acid too much is one of the more absurd things I have ever heard. The effect of adding solid food to your stomach is far more significant than adding water.