View Single Post
Naderfan
Queen of Confrontation

2007-12-18, 18:58

I don't know if anyone here as any recommendations, but I'm getting very frustrated with the post office. A little over two years ago, my husband and I bought our house and we, along with the former owners, filled out mail forwarding cards so that their mail would follow them to Alabama, and our mail would come here. We still get their mail, and while some of it is junk, I think some of it is actually important (of course, I don't know for sure, since I don't open it, obviously).

Anyway, I've been writing "Not here" or "return to sender" or whatever and putting it back in the mailbox, as I was told by the post office when I complained about still receiving mail. Three weeks ago, I got another bill or something for the previous owners with "Final notice" stamped on it - so apparently, that mail wasn't being forward. I went to the post office and mailed that bill to the owners in Alabama. Then I asked AGAIN what I can do. Same response.

So anyway, today I put another stack of their mail back in the mailbox with "Not here - please forward" written on each piece. When I went to pick up my mail this evening, one of those letters was still in there, with a note from the mailperson saying that none of it was forwardable and that it would be destroyed, was that ok with me?

What should I do? I don't want to keep mailing stuff on my own to Alabama, but I also don't want to be responsible for them not receiving their mail. In the letter I forwarded, I included a note saying that we were still getting mail, but I haven't heard anything back. Anyway, I think I'm going to go down to the post office to figure this out, but I don't have very high hopes. Any suggestions?