View Single Post
zsummers
Avast!

2007-12-18, 20:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJohn View Post
I think that there are certain classes of junk mail that the Post Office will not forward. Was it bulk rate mail that they said was not forwardable?

@Bryson: She said the previous owners did fill out mail forwarding cards.
The forwarding only lasts 6 months (or possibly a year, but I'm almost certain only 6 months). During that time, the previous owners should have filled out change of address cards for the mail that was getting forwarded to them (it often even has a stamp telling you to do that). After that, any mail that's left is either unsolicited, or is the previous owners fault.

Sorry for your trouble, Naderfan. You've been very nice (sending on the mail and such). You might either write a letter (since you still have the address) to the former owners letting them know about the problem and asking them to change their address with any of the important looking mail. Or, you're within your rights to just give it back to the post office & let them dispose of it.

"How could you falter / when you're the Rock of Gibralter? / I had to get off the boat so I could walk on water. / This ain't no tall order. / This is nothing to me. / Difficult takes a day. / Impossible takes a week."