Thread: Airport Extreme
View Single Post
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2004-05-17, 21:45

I poked around Apple Discussions and found some interesting info:

Quote:
I had a similar problem with my iBook with the airport connection being lost each time it went to sleep. I use a 40 bit WEP security setting on my airport.
I overcame the issue by opening the Network preferences, selecting the "Location" that is being used, selecting "airport" from the 'Show' drop down box and selecting "by default join: automatic". When a specific network is selected in "by default join: ...." the issue that you described starts again.
Hope this works for you.
Quote:
I too have been having issues with my PB 17" losing connection with AEBS after waking from sleep. Your work around actually works but you have to manually enable the network every time you put the computer to sleep and wake it again. The fact that this works got me to thinking. Perhaps the problem is with the key chain.

I started the keychain access application and found two occurrences of my network keychain. I deleted the oldest keychain, retaining the most recent one and presto the problem was solved.

Perhaps when OS 10 updates, it duplicates the keychain creating this problem. Anyone else find this solution works?
Quote:
Here is a tip that someone gave me to solve a similar problem.
Go to"System Preference", "Airport", and set "By default, join" to "Automatic".

This helped me solve the problem of switching between users and having to rejoin the airport network.
Hopefully one of these ideas will help you.
Good luck!