View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-08-19, 05:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
After the wave of wacky translucent products Apple made a choice to abandon ornamentation and turn their products into minimalist platonic solids.
Yes, and I think they went too far with the minimalism, making their products needlessly impractical (cf. keyboard, lack of ports) and also boring.

Quote:
But I also think some of their other innovations, particularly the T-series "Security Chips," have been a little under-appreciated. I mean, adding that in is pretty much the biggest architectural shift for the Mac in forever, right?
It's an interesting approach (that lets them take advantage of some of their ARM prowess without having to move most software to a different architecture), sure. I don't quite know what you mean by "biggest in forever"; it's clearly a smaller shift than, say, 68k to PowerPC or PowerPC to Intel.

Quote:
They're being a little stealthy about it, but they've given the T-chip more and more to do, and I think they're going to continue to do so with each revision. In a very real sense, I think the ARM Macs are already here.
In a way, yup.