View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-11-21, 16:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
But then why was he there? To one-man counter-protest?
I don't know why he was there. Based on new blurbs he was there rendering aid and protecting a car dealership with many others. The reality is, it doesn't matter why he was there in the context of the self-defense situation. The trial was about homicide or self-defense and clearly, after four days of deliberations, it was self-defense.

I think he might have had nobility in his heart, but that is pure conjecture based on the reports of him cleaning graffiti off the walls of a school earlier that day or the day before. He had a med kit with the intent to render aid. He was a police cadet and did stuff with the fire department at home too. Clearly he has the heart to serve based on these acts of volunteerism.

If I had to guess, he hated seeing good people lose property over abusive protesters taking to violence when they didn't get their way. However, that is simply a guess, I'm not in his head. I know I would want people to come to my aid to help me defend my property if I were in their shoes. I worked hard for what I have and intend to take care of it. I'm guessing everyone on this forum would want to protect their property too if harm was on the way. While many on there might not own a weapon, let alone pull it out if violence came their way, if someone else used a show of force to help protect your property I'm guessing plenty wouldn't complain about it. You know, like an off duty cop.

Drew, I too have avoided this topic since I'm nearly 100% positive I'm the dissenting voice in this forum. It is a situation that sucks all around and the media has been really hammering since the trial began. No matter what side you listen to, few are all the facts and all are filled with opinion. I've said nothing until now because it was ultimately in the hands of the jury to decide. The judge was quoted and this is so true:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Schroeder
"This case has become very political, you could go out now and read things from all across the political spectrum about this case, most of which is written by people who know nothing."
That is why I held back from even mentioning it. Not one person on the forum can contest that with any shred of truth.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.