View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-03-10, 18:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Would be strange to have him voice Vader, given that he never did the in suit parts before. Maybe they’ll be doing a lot of flash backs?
Surely to goodness a proper voiceover actor is dubbing in the suited Vader stuff. Even if Mr. Jones is retired, I know they’ve had others do the job in video games and animated fare, so there are good Vader voice actors out there, already doing it.

I truly believe Christensen’s actual involvement and appearances will involve a lot of sitting or suspended in a tank, berating/Force-choking hapless, incompetent underlings. When the suit is on and he’s “on the job”, it’ll be a more imposing stand-in/double. He’s nowhere near Prowse’s 6’6” bodybuilder frame, so I think he’ll be used for specific parts only.

I have a feeling we’re in for a bit of unhelmeted Vader with HC in scar/burn makeup/prosthetics, croaking his lines as injured, temporarily helmet/suit-free Vader. That’s really the only reason it makes sense to involve him, IMO. Otherwise they’d do what they’ve always done…get a tall, built guy to wear the suit and dub in a big, distinctive voice.

There’s absolutely nothing Vader-y about Hayden Christensen, build or voice-wise, so that’s why I think his appearances will be those quieter, helmet-free moments.

I know they let him put on the suit in RotS, but that was about 15-20 seconds total screen time, with little-to-no movement or anything around for real scale/impact. He frankensteined off the table and yelled “noooooo!”, and then stood on a Star Destroyer bridge.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-03-10 at 19:16.