View Single Post
newMACer

2005-03-05, 00:21

I am new to Mac (three weeks since I got my PowerBook..the usual story..long time Windows user --> got an iPod --> a few months later, switched to Mac) and I am loving it. I am facing one problem though, wondering if someone else has encountered this. When I try to play a movie trailor on Apple's quicktime site in Safari, I see the revolving disc for around a minute or so and then nothing..During the time that the disc is revolving, the Activity Monitor shows Safari hogging 90% of cpu and shows it to be hung in red. I tried to play it using iTunes, but same thing..hang for a minute or so and then nothing. I also copied the movie URL from html source and pasted it directly in Open URL dialog in QuickTime. Again the same thing..hang for a minute and then it shows an error message "Couldnt open the file because this movie cannot be completely downloaded." This is beginning to frustrate me. I could understand if some URL from some third party site was not working, but come on, I am using Apple software on Apple hardware to play a movie from Apple site and it doesnt work!!

I searched the error message on the Discussions board on the Apple site. One person faced the exact same problem, but doesnt appear he got it solved. Any insights from someone here?