Thread: HomeKit Devices
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-03-19, 08:07

Soooo.... I have a problem.

Ok, a few but relevant to this thread is I have no neutral in most of my switch boxes. All those Meross switches I bought require a neutral. Some it has been fine, others not so fine. I pulled a neutral from an outlet in my bedroom so I would be able to use the switches there. Win right? Nope. The outlets are on a GFCI breaker. The return coming into the breaker looks like a ground fault and trips the breaker.

:sigh:

So I'm now adding in Caseta by Lutron. Sadly this means another hub, but at least I'll be able to get blinds I actually want to look at. Don't get me wrong, the grey Ikea blinds are great since they are hidden by curtains, but not for the living room/dining room.

Oh yeah, anyone here use HomeKit smoke/CO detectors? Seems like a nice idea but not sure what I think about that.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.