View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-12-06, 03:23

Okay. As with the last episode, I am making this post without having read any post prior, so that my thoughts are my own and not influenced by you jerkwads.

1) The first scene—where Mando is toying with Baby Yoda—is just darling! What a ham he is becoming. I LOVE this guy!

2) The next scene, where Mando is circling the seeing temple thing is just brilliantly well done. The whole fly-by from the cockpit view is incredible, and really made me feel like I was right there, especially when it was shown from Baby Yoda's perspective. Awesome to the Double-D BAM!

3) Holy crap, Slave 1!

4) Double Holy Crap, Boba Fett!

5) Triple Holy Crap, Boba Fett is kicking ass and taking names!

Side note: Where were these writers/directors for episodes 7-9? Seriously, these guys **GET** Star Wars. None of that "Luke is a worn out, little-old-man-whiny-like-Anakin-bitch of a lost Jedi" crap. Ahsoka rocked, and Boba rocked! THANK YOU!!!!

6) Oh, wow, Boba Fett! A little armor-splaining and some backstory and a little "I miss my daddy, who gave me this frickin' armor thankyouverymuch!" and there's a scarred head and it's the same dude and it fits perfectly and he's got attitudebutloyaltyandhiswordishislife and hot DAMN I love this show!

7) Baby Yoda is a pain in the ass, all hiding behind that crazy Force shield thingy.

8) Who the hell saw this episode coming? This was supposed to be filler, and thanks a lot Paul for leading me down this road!

9) They got Baby Yoda and I'm mad about it, even though we knew it was coming … eventually!

10) Mando's ship is dust, and I don't know what makes me more sad, that or The Kid-napping! But, Slave 1, so who cares.

11) Baby Yoda force-kicking-the-crap-outta-storm-troopers is

12) I don't like Gustavo Fring!

This was the best episode yet. Super well done on every front. Like I said, these guys **GET** Star Wars, and this show is hitting on all cylinders, consistently. From the opening scenes to the storm troopers *cough* storming the hill, to the dark troopers, Slave 1's engine sounds and the way it maneuvered, Boba Fett's snappy, vengeful-get-me-my-armor attitude, the interactions and humor and scenery and camera angles. Just, all of it! Boba's bad-assery and his weapons and the armor and the walk and … !

There is a sloppy neck-beard mess to be cleaned up in every basement and attic in the country right now. While we need some "how did Boba get out of there" answers, his intro was brilliant, well conceived, and just down-right fun! Very engaging, edge-of-the-seat-loved-it-from-start-to-finish amazeballs!

And, finally this: What Jedi did Baby Yoda contact? Who is around in this timeline? Luke? Ahsoka? Other than the younglings we know Luke was training, the only other "known" Jedi is Leia. Judging from the CG wizardry they pulled off in The Last Skywalker, Luke and Leia are not out of the question, and I'm all for it. I really need to see those two doing something *not* ruined by that last mess. Perhaps CGI Skywalkers are on the near horizon? Something tells me 2/8 is going to answer that question. The season-ending, bomb-dropping, edge-of-the-seat finalé might just reveal that answer.

And I cannot wait. Two thumbs way up!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2020-12-06 at 03:36.