View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-12-07, 15:29

I see where there's a push by some to do just that, or, at the very least, "de-canonize" the sequels. Maybe Chewie ate some bad space tacos and he had an awful, food poisoning-induced crazy dream, like Tony Soprano did in that one episode?

Honestly, I have zero problem with that.

But I know it would never happen because that's a bit too on-the-nose and a slap to everyone involved (and not just the hack puds who loused it all up, who actually deserve said slap). But I think it would be an insult to all the talented crew and artists who worked hard on it. It's not their fault nobody could write a coherent, engaging story (or that Disney inexplicably gave Rian Johnson $200M+ to make his little "expectation-subverting", hunk-of-shit student film). Plus, it's a bit disrespectful to Carrie Fisher who agreed to come back to play in that sandbox once again, only to die right in the middle of it all. They wouldn't want to undermine her involvement and demean her efforts.

So, unfortunately, we're well past that. Those movies are canon, and about all you can do now is maybe try to come up with something (a Disney+ series?) that somehow tries to make sense of all the pointless, unhinged nonsense we saw in the sequels? Because goodness knows if I've got about two-dozen questions/issues, your average viewer or casual fan probably has hundreds. Maybe 8-10 episodes of a well-written show could somehow help things make a bit more sense?

I kinda wondered if that's what they were getting at on The Mandalorian a few weeks ago, implying that Grogu's Force-rich, high M-count blood played some role in the creation of Snoke (or the return of Palpatine), but who knows. Seeing that body in the tank, that was the first thing my mind went to. But I could be way off.

PS - I'm so glad he has a name, because a) I hated writing "Baby Yoda", b) The Child always sounded a bit pretentious and c) Force Frog Baby is a bit unwieldy. I love Grogu...five letters, two syllables and appropriately cute. Grogu! I love that he responds to it anytime Mando says it. It's like my kitty, any time I say "Jasper".

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-12-07 at 16:02.