View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-12-09, 13:28

Because this show always zigs when I zag, and they've surprised/delighted everyone for two weeks in a row with "straight to the action" and "major live-action reveals/returns of popular characters", I'm betting this week's episode is a snag/side-mission one.

We're left to think the final two installments will be one long Grogu rescue mission. That's too easy.

I'm betting, while going to spring Bill Burr from the can, Mando gets roped into helping some put-upon villagers defeat a warlord and nothing in this Friday's episode ties to Grogu, Boba Fett, Moff Gideon, etc. He springs Burr in the final minutes and then that sets up/leads to next Friday's episode 8 season finale.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit! We've just had it too good these past several weeks to maintain that pace.

Mind you, I've never wanted to be more wrong about something in my life. I hope we get two 50-minutes-each "rescue Grogu" episodes for 7 and 8 (chapters 15 and 16)...and while I know the show will likely have to end on some sort of "ohmigosh"/cliffhanger type of thing (Thrawn reveal, a Jedi arriving, etc.), I hope the rescue has a solid, definitive start, middle and ending...and we're not left to go 10+ months to find out what happens on that front. I won't mind a cool/upbeat cliffhanger or reveal (Gideon climbing out of a wrecked TIE fighter with the dark saber fits under that category), but I DO NOT want some played-out "did Grogu, Cara and Boba all just die in that explosion?!" nonsense. I hate those kinds of season-enders...The Walking Dead and so many other shows have absolutely beaten that trope to death! They're not exciting, they're annoying. And manipulative.

I want a Grogu resolution, one way or the other, and for any deaths/losses (good guys or villains) to be made known before the credits role. Then if they want to show a robed figure from the back saying "Grogu has chosen his path, and I'm here for him" with Mark Hamill's voice, go for it!

But none of that other nonsense, please.

PS - $10 says Gideon loses an eye. That's just too much of a tease. Whether it's via Grogu manipulating the dark saber, as Gideon already alluded to, or via Mando's spear in a darksaber/Beskar duel (or a punch from a pissed-off Boba Fett ), one of his eyes isn't long for this world, I'm betting. They're kinda serving that one up on a silver platter, IMO.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-12-09 at 13:50.