View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-12-10, 19:08

Well, on a Disney+ Star Wars streaming note, I see where this just hit (less than 45 minutes ago):

First peak at the Cassian Andor series coming from Disney+ in 2022, and currently in production.

"12 episodes...", so four longer per season than The Mandalorian. I'm hoping The Mandalorian moves to that as well. Eight just zooms by so quickly...two months? At least make it three, a quarter of a year.

The only thing, and it's kinda obvious...how excited/invested are viewers going to get over a character they know is gonna die?

I know some would say the same about an Obi-Wan series, but a) Ewan McGregor, and b) Obi-Wan never truly "dies", does he?

But I was wrong about The Mandalorian, so I need to be open-minded and optimistic about this show. If they've figured out a way to make it fun and all, I guess that whole "ending of Rogue One" angle might not loom over the proceedings.

Just seems an odd character to base a show around. Nobody in that movie really stood out to me, other than Felicity Jones and her little bunny rabbit face. But she died too, so...

Who knows.

In any case, Disney+ seems to be going all in on the streaming Star Wars stuff. If the Kenobi talk is legit - and McGregor himself all but confirmed production starting in early 2021 - that's three shows in the works. If they were smart/clever about timelines, there are opportunities for crossover appearances or shared episodes (Andor was doing his stuff in the time leading up to the original Star Wars 1977 release, when Kenobi was living on Tatooine and keeping an eye on young Luke. But I don't know exactly when they're going to set either show, so the timelines might not work out to allow for that.