View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-12-23, 14:20

Seriously, it hadn't been four full days since that season finale hit, and someone on YouTube came up with a far better, more convincing Luke in that span of time!

How do they do it in such a short time, and Disney/Lucasfilm didn't when they had months (and a much larger budget)?!

That's what I'm finding so astonishing. The one on the right looks like Mark Hamill/Luke Skywalker. You think what you saw in the show was pretty solid (a little soft/wonky at times) until you see it next to one done so much better...the mouth, face in general, etc. Just like the Leia/Rogue One thing (although that Leia never looked remotely convincing to me; it looked okay for a random person, but it just didn't look how Carrie Fisher looked in 1977, in that role. If it weren't for the gown and hair buns, I wouldn't have known that was supposed to be Princess Leia...it didn't really look like her. She looked like Gwyneth Paltrow or somebody.

I'd love to hear that discussed/answered some time.

"Jon, everyone is loving the show...but can you explain how a random YouTuber's post-ROTJ Luke looked significantly better than the one you guys put into the episode?"

He's had to have seen it himself by now, right?

Hire that guy and put him in charge of any de-aging scenes. He seems to have a solid handle on it all!

Yeah, freaky stuff. It's getting to where I can't trust a celebrity titty pic any more.