View Single Post
AWR
Veteran Member

2005-06-09, 02:30

Very interesting (or sad )!! I had a dream about this issue last night. I am about to buy my first Mac and word processing is one of the things that I would like to use it for. Apple says there's no problem creating Word docs on one platform and opening on the other - although I've heard otherwise.

Last night for example, I was extolling all of the virtues of Macs to my sister (who is no friend of PCs, Windows or Word) who works for a state government. She told me that one of her subcontractors sends her docs created in Word on a Mac which she is unable read/print when she opens it on her PC due to formatting issues. She always has to ask her to cut and paste the contents of the doc into the body of the email.

Sounds annoying at best. What if one wants to create a cover letter and resume for a job? Not much of a first impression if the docs open with f'd up formatting.

Does anyone has good advice/tips, links to articles or threads on this issue?

What if both users are using Word/Office 2004? Is it an absolutely 100% clean compatibility or are there always small formatting glitches?

Any information - the good the bad and the ugly - is appreciated.

Thanks

Edit: found a helpful link - http://forums.applenova.com/showthre...892#post205892

Last edited by AWR : 2005-06-09 at 03:27.