View Single Post
coconut wireless

2005-11-27, 22:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
You may have to copy the individual folders. Documents, Music, etc. You should probably also move the Library folder so you don't lose things like Safari bookmarks and saved Mail messages.
I have an OCW external hardrive and wish to back up my files to it. I amcurrently on 10.2.8 OS X (jaguar) Besides wanting to copy the files as a backup - I am also wnating to install Tiger and want to make sure I don't lose any of my files. I want to go to the "Home" icon and drag the folder into the HD icon on the desktop but I notice that I have store some application files like my scanner installer, upgrade on I-Tunes, flash player, real one, yahoo msg,., etc. Because of a posting by Mr. X who said the following "but when I dragged the home folder into the LACIE FW HD icon on the desktop, it tells me, "One or more items can't be copied". I wonder if I would have the same problem because these are applications and not just word files or pictures?

so my question would I have to take the folders out that have the other files I
downloaded before copying?

I notice you replied and said that the Library should also be copied as not to lose e-mail or bookmarks and that is something I definitely want to copy.

mahalo for you time

surfin' (the net) with aloha
the coconut wireless