View Single Post
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-11-15, 20:53

I should be able to contribute something for the SSD. Just need to know what we're going for, how much, etc.

I'd agree on lower skyways/rail lines. We should be careful in how we design any sort of rail systems that are underground, but I love the idea (as well as underwater, too). I think what may be worth having in this regard is either reported coordinate ranges for the rails. We obviously don't want a rail line to suddenly be inserted in some place that goes through a mine, but we also need to be careful of the skyway/rail system overload that happened in Bridgeport. Understandably, we all wanted to be connected in some way. There, we all had central buildings in Bridgeport of some type, but most of us spread out somewhat, too. We should probably come to a consensus on what should designate the need for a skyway rail, and what should designate the need for underground. If others would like to see it, I'd personally love to connect any sections of occupied land separated by water with underwater tunnels. Realistically, we do nothing underwater, so this is perhaps the least invasive design to the rest of the world, save for what a bitch it can be to make. If the support is there for it, I'd be happy to build it.

I suppose it may require some waiting until we have gotten the new world established, at least initially, but should we perhaps set some sort of rules regarding mining? While being close to everyone in LG was awesome, I think we all felt that there was too much overlap in the tunnels underneath.

In regards to the Nether, I'm fine with establishing a presence within it for some things (hunting Ghasts/Blazes/etc.), but would hope for some admin help for some materials, as realistically, glowstone is an absolute bitch to obtain, especially with what some of us would like to do. I think it should be discretionary in when it is given, and not overly abused, but there are some instances in which it is ridiculous to obtain enough to make what we'd like, when it would look much better than torches.

My friend should be getting on in time for the new world, or at least I'm hoping.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards