View Single Post
¡Damned!

2011-11-16, 14:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I'm not sure I understand how lower Skyways would work. Would they have to be above roads/empty space? I assume so as the high ones were to allow building below.
I was thinking more "monorail" height instead of being 30 or so blocks in the sky. It would make for better views and allow for more & easier access to the ground instead of building large zig-zag stairways. We may not even need skyways in urban areas if we go with a subway system, which I like the idea of very much. Maybe we reserve skyways for stretches to suburban outposts and incorporate the side-rail much like we did in BP.

We'd talked briefly when rails were introduced about building a central subway terminal in BP, maybe if we introduce that early on in the game it would allow for some more interesting city planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I'm ok with declaring "interesting" features (strongholds, nether strongholds, villages) off-limits for resource gathering, but I've very much liked the "no freebies" ethos of LG. So I think restricting supply of those rarities is good. Yes, glowstone looks a bit nicer, but now we can grow pumpkins, then jackolanterns should suffice in most situations. I dunno about a hard "no altering the nether" policy though.
Yeah, I wasn't proposing a no-build policy so much as a no-raping policy wrt glowstone and destroying strongholds for blocks. I'm firmly in the "no freebies" camp as well, but I'd hate to lose the naturally generated strongholds in the nether and overworld just because they're the only source for a particular block.

So it goes.