View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2017-01-12, 11:48

So it's been a couple weeks and I'm still loving this thing. Probably have 200+ roms on it now, from systems as old as the Atari 2600. It's pretty amazing getting to play all these old games again, especially ones from before my time. The 2600 is so incredibly basic, yet there are still lots of fun games on it.

I basically have everything set up how I want it - overscan is off, so now the interface fills the screen with no black bars. All my games have had their metadata scraped. And I have enabled shaders so I get imitation scan lines - which actually makes most of these games look better as well as more authentic.

The one thing I still haven't settled on is a controller. I've been using the PS3 controller since a few days after I set it up, and it's okay, but I think the d-pad is still not as good as I'd like it to be. Better than on the 360, but that's not saying much.

Can't decide between an 8bitdo SNES30 and a Wii U Pro controller. Both are wireless and have a Nintendo-style face button layout (with A/B and X/Y reversed relative to the Xbox 360 standard). Both, unsurprisingly, have quirks that make them a bit of a chore to set up. I wish I could just go wired but it's not really realistic for my living room.

As long as I'm having fun I may as well stick with the Dualshock 3, but one of these days I'm going to replace it.