View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-06-18, 19:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Like I said earlier: If there isn't some new, fancy mob drop / temple treasure, I won't even be looking. What's the point?

Maybe if the temple chests have diamond-bladed chainsaws that run on spider eyes or something, I might care. Otherwise, sounds like more of a hassle than it's worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I was thinking the same about the 'underwaterness' of it all. The temples look huge from the few screenshots I was able to see this morning. There's no way to really explore without some enchantment bottles. I guess there's a new boot enchant that allows one to run on the seabed?
Agreed, all around!

Continuing on the aforementioned rant I had with gerlocian offline earlier, it's also mildly disappointing that third-party mod developers are able to crank out more comprehensive, interesting, and balanced additions while still having to go to school or work a full-time job, and yet writing Minecraft is Jeb/Dinnerbone/etc's full-time job. *grumble grumble*

Okay, that's out of my system now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
[edit]: speaking of the mart... wtf Brad? The massive drop in mob head prices... any reason for the drop from 5k to 1k? I was using them as a sort of savings account, but now I'm feeling a bit burned for no real market reason that I can figure. The wither skellie spawner can't possibly drop prices down to 1/5th given that they drop heads just as much as they used to (ie: barely ever). Even if so, just drop the sell prices for those and not the others.
I'm pretty sure I've said all along that market prices would be changing; they've never been set in stone. I even discussed the idea of having a script automagically fluctuate market prices periodically, remember? So, you probably shouldn't put too much faith in using them as part of an investment strategy. Sorry.

Basically, I looked through the market prices again over the last month (most of them changed at least a few weeks ago and I haven't been online this week) and realized that although some of them were perhaps "fairly" priced given their actual in-game rarity, some of those natural rarities are far from fair. Saddles and name tags, for instance, are stupidly rare given their utility and given that they can't be crafted, and skulls require obscene amounts of tedious grinding for what's just a cosmetic piece (withers aside).

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.