Thread: Portal 2
View Single Post
Wrao
Yarp

2011-07-03, 17:32

Just finished Portal 2. Took about 7 hours(which, realistically, is more like 5 or 6 since I left the game sitting open one time while I left the room for a while). A little disappointed it was this short, but it was otherwise just as excellent of a game as Portal 1. You get the feeling sometimes though that they really just wanted to tell you a story and the puzzles were almost incidental. I'm not about to go try it, but I half-suspect you could probably beat most, if not all, of the levels(And inbetween segments) in the time it takes for the voice-over to finish.

Little too much hand-holding as well. Often times you'd have a wall with portal-able material on it, with the one 'different' patch being where you needed to put a portal.

Ultimately though, you can't really criticize this game, it's pretty much perfect.

I also really appreciated that the developers didn't play to the fandom and kept the cake and companion cube references to a minimum, of course they invented several new things for fans to cling to reference-wise, but that's a good thing.

Last edited by Wrao : 2011-07-03 at 18:33.