View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-01-22, 20:46

I'd be okay with that.

That's why I said what I did above...until these new redesigned models get unveiled, it's so hard to know what approach they'll take. At that point, there may be no real need for a $1,299-1,499 notebook in the case we're accustomed to. The Air, 10-12 months from now, could be even more capable than it already is, and nicely cover that ground for just about any user who truly didn't require true "pro"-level performance/capability.

If there's just two models of MacBook in the entire lineup, then yeah...I think one should just be "MacBook" and the other "MacBook Pro". At that point, "Air" really won't mean much...do you want a MacBook or a MacBook Pro? Here's the difference...

Whatever Apple is cooking up to put in those models must be a step up than what they've just released, otherwise they would've migrated the entire MacBook Pro lineup (the two higher-end 13" and the 16" as well). That they didn't makes me think they've got something pretty impressive planned for later this year, truly setting that line apart from the Air or anything in that sub-$1,500 space. And that's great!