View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-04-28, 18:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Oh come on. FireWire is not "currently in widespread use". Thunderbolt 1 never was, either; it wasn't until Thunderbolt 3 that it gained some momentum outside of Macs. VGA is disappearing.
I work in retail, and I sell adapters. That people continue to pop in on a regular basis trying to adapt their FW400 and 800 audio interfaces and external drives to Thunderbolt 3 tells me what I need to know. And, while VGA is not built into much any longer it is still a thing with legacy monitors, a fact that has cropped up over the last year as people try to resurrect any electronic anything to get their home office/school working.

Thunderbolt 1 was not in wide use, until it was Thunderbolt 2. The adapters are the same, which is why I lumped them together.

Are you interpreting my list based on what you can currently buy, or what people have lying around? Those two things are not the same.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)