View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-04-29, 10:50

I remember them introducing that wedge-shaped battery that filled up all that dead, unused space in a MacBook Air(?) a few years back (or was it a MacBook Pro?). I thought that was pretty cool. Yeah, whatever space inside something that isn't taken up by necessary tech/hardware, cram it full with a funky-shaped battery! Absolutely.

Yeah, the days of being able to remove/replace anything - battery, RAM, hard drive, guilt, your soul - are absolutely gone. At least in the portable/notebook realm, and probably in everything except the pro desktop (if/when an AS-based one ever shows up...I'm honestly 50/50 on that at this point, just looking around the past 6-8 years and seeing the "movement"/initiative). I honestly don't think I'd be one bit stunned if Apple abandoned that crowd/market in my lifetime. I think that's their kryptonite. Their stepchild in the closet.

"We weld it shut because ordering shit from Tiger Direct is soooo 2006." - Apple

PS - I'm not expecting the glow to return, nor do I require it. I simply miss it sometimes.