View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-04-29, 16:41

Yup. We had one of those MUGs here in Boise. They met at CompUSA in a cold room and whined about, you guessed it, SCSI and the like. 20-something years ago in the Performa days, and these guys spent the monthly meet-up bothering over networking flim-flam and serial this-and-that. The newbies that were trying to get answers (like me) had no idea we were walking into such a vomit-filled crank-hole!

Later on, after I started working at MacLife and right as CompUSA was going under, one of these bozos wandered into the shop to sell the Boise Mac Users Group as the god-send of power-users that our store needed in order to be relevant. If only we would offer all of their members 15% (!!!) off all of their purchases, they would gather in our shop, once per month, for FREE! (i.e. they wanted a rent-free meeting place), and all we had to do was provide coffee and soda, a free room, and a steep discount to all 7 of them!

The owner literally told them to "get out and go pound sand!"

We ain't got no use for SCSI!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)