View Single Post
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2006-12-31, 23:28

Children Of Men is beautifully shot. It has incredible atmosphere, making it more of an experience than a movie. It's one of the first movies I've seen in a while that after watching it, I realized why it was made and why it was a movie rather than anything else. Well...I didn't really enjoy the story all that much, but the movie itself is wonderful.

Pan's Labyrinth is gorgeous. I'm going to need to see it again before passing any sort of judgement. Del Toro makes me drool like no other.

The only other movie I've seen recently is The Pursuit Of Happyness. Will Smith is quite good in it, but he always is. There isn't much interaction with anyone else in the film. Though there are hundreds of people around, everything is completely isolated. The only feedback comes from his son, who doesn't speak much. It's like an urban Castaway. In some respects, that's good...it made me feel as though I was really watching this man's life. But the very last title card made me wonder what it was that the people who made the movie were trying to say.

Last edited by Artap99 : 2007-01-01 at 04:09.